icTrainer is compatible with Windows, MacOS, iOS and most Android devices. You can run icTrainer on your mobile also, but the small display allows only a very limited user experience. Recommended: 9,7 inch display or bigger.
icTrainer communicates with the following devices:
- interactive cycle trainer / hometrainer: your cycle trainer received the desired training resistance via icTrainer. Your current performance figures are sent back and visualized.
- Heart rate monitor (optional)
- Power-Measurement (pedal, crank, …, optional): the interactive cycle trainer has its own power measure that can be used
- RPM-Measurement (pedal, crank, …): same as with power: the data can be drawn from the cycle trainer
- Speed-Measurement (rear wheel): if you don’t have a power device, you can use a speed sensor to get this data
Important: icTrainer only connects via Bluetooth-LE not ANT+. Only standardised Bluetooth-LE-protocolls are supported e.g. FTMS. Rule of thumb: If the device can be used with any third party products, icTrainer can be connected.
In meantime you can use your ANT+ heart rate belt or fitness tracker with the Windows- and MacOS-version of icTrainer. But you need an USB-ANT+-Stick then (and for Garmin Fitness Tracker you have to activate “Transfer during activity” in the heart rate setup).
Why bluetooth is supported only:
- no need for an ANT+-dongle to connect with your device
- if you are used to using ANT+ for other training activities you do not have to change, most tracking devices (e.g. your cycle computer, smart or fitness watch …) will work in parallel and any effort with icTrainer can be transferred in most apps; good news is that we do not pressure you into a new cosmos;
- Your turbo trainer is only ANT+ capable? You can use the following ANT+-BLE-Converter-Dongle: NPE Cable
You don’t need any USB/USB-C/USB-Mikro/Lightning ANT+-Dongle to connect your turbo trainer, power-, speed-, cadence-, heartrate-device via BluetoothLE.
Disadvantage: you need an iOS tablet/smartphone for the initial configuration of NPE Cable with your ANT+-devices. There isn’t any Android-configuration-software until now (planned until end of 2021). And the shipment and duty fee are as much as the NPE Cable price itself. So you should search for a distributor in your country.
- Cycle trainer / Hometrainer (just a selection):
- CycleOps/Saris: Hammer
- Elite: Suito, Direto, Drivo 2, Nero
(Drivo 1: it depends on the date of production as older devices won’t support FTMS)
- tacx: Flux, NEO 1/2/2T, Vortex
- Wahoo: KICKR, KICKR Core, KICKR Snap
- Wahoo-Firmware starting Sept 2019 supports also cadence measurement with cycle trainer
- Heart rate measure devices:
- Wahoo TICKR
- Garmin HRM Pro, Garmin HRM Dual
- ANT+ with Windows/MacOS
- Garmin HRM Tri
- Garmin HRM Swim
- Garmin Fitness Tracker (e.g. 735 XT)
- Power-Meter (the data can be retrieved via your cycle trainer):
- Favero Assioma
- Garmin: Vector 3
- Elite: Turno (as it’s not a smart trainer it’s useable as Power-Meter only)
- Cadence Measurement (the data can be retrieved via your cycle trainer):
- Wahoo Cadence
- Garmin Cadence Sensor 2
- Speed Measurement (if you have a powermeter, the speed is calculated, so you need only a speed sensor otherwise):
- Garmin Speed Sensor 2
Contact us with your choice of cylce trainer / hometrainer, so we can expand the list.